UHS renovates Medical Services to better support state of the art college health practice
During a measles outbreak, Employee Health is instrumental in determining clearance for at-risk students and employees
2013 - 2015
Through an FDA investigational new drug application, more than 13,000 doses of a serogroup B vaccine were administered to undergraduate students, and select graduate students and employees to respond to an outbreak of serogroup B meningococcal disease.
The Occupational Medicine division (now Employee Health) was formed to meet the needs of employees
UHS became the 13th college health service to be accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) was created, and has been an active student voice for campus healthcare to the present day
A Health Education area (now called Health Promotion and Prevention Services) was created to focus on prevention
The Sexuality Education Counseling and Health (SECH) Program, a division for reproductive health care, was initiated
The Counseling Center (now called Counseling and Psychological Services) became a division of University Health Services
The Department of Health was renamed University Health Services and expanded to include clinical and counseling services, with a reduction in the size of the Infirmary service
Construction of the second Isabella McCosh Infirmary, through funds raised by the University and the Ladies Auxiliary to the Isabella McCosh Infirmary, to accommodate increasing enrollment
1911 - 1936
Joseph E. Raycroft, founding member of the American College Health Association (ACHA) was appointed Chairman of Health and Physical Education
1910 - 1926
Dr. Stewart Paton became the first College Psychiatrist. His influential activities were pursued long before mental health was widely perceived as an important factor in overall health.
The Malaria and Typhoid Fever Epidemic resulted in the death of 10 students. The Trustees of Princeton University authorized the creation of a Sanitary Committee to improve the sewage problems on campus.
1868 - 1888
Isabella G. McCosh, wife of University President James McCosh and unofficial "Director of Campus Health Services", visited and cared for sick students