Counseling and Psychological Services
Our services support the psychological well-being of the Princeton University community and are available at no cost to currently enrolled Princeton students and their eligible dependents.
If you are not sure whether counseling can help, make an appointment to talk about it. There’s no obligation to continue after the first appointment. Learn about confidentiality at CPS.
Our offerings include:
- Counseling: individual counseling, couples counseling, and group counseling and support
- Urgent Mental Health Concerns: care in urgent situations, for you or someone else
- Psychiatric Consultation: for those considering or continuing psychiatric medication
- Mind-Body Programs: meditation, relaxation, mindfulness and more
- Campus Outreach & Training: campus-wide training, workshops and outreach events
- Specialized Treatment: for interdisciplinary treatment needs that may involve both physical and mental concerns
- Referrals to local mental health providers
While we do not offer treatment services for faculty or staff, many of our outreach programs are available to anyone in our campus community. We are also available to consult with faculty, staff, parents or others, regarding their concerns about a Princeton student.
Call 609-258-3141 or walk-in during business hours to make an appointment. You can also schedule your first counseling appointment of the semester online.
During regular business hours, walk in or call CPS to make an urgent care appointment.
If safety is of immediate concern, call the Department of Public Safety at 609-258-3333.