All advisers must participate in:
- two to three days of training at the beginning of the fall semester
- bi-weekly meetings within the residential colleges
- bi-weekly large group meetings/continuing education sessions
- a specific intervention program
- staffing the UMatter bus for one shift on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night per semester
Residential College Affiliation
All first-year PHAs are required to be a part of a residential college group. Upperclass PHAs (2nd year or more of the program) can choose whether to be a part of a residential college group or the At-Large group. Both groups are responsible for programming and contact with respective advisees.
Apply to be a PHA
To apply, complete the application form.
The PHA program does not discriminate for any applicant based upon age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, parental status, physical appearance, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you have any questions about the application process, email Janine Mascari, the program's staff adviser.