Sexual Health and Wellness
Our nurses, nurse practitioners, and doctors provide confidential exams and counseling related to your sexual and reproductive health. We want you to have access to accurate, evidence-based information and services so that you can make the best decisions possible.
Our services include:
- Annual examinations and screenings
- Birth control options counseling and prescriptions
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, information and treatment
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention
- Sexual and reproductive health counseling for LGBTQA individuals
- Evaluations for concerns
- Well-woman exams and pap smears
- Men’s sexual health check-ups, including exams for testicular cancer screening
- Birth control pills, vaginal rings, and contraceptive patches
- Insertion and removal of intrauterine devices and subdermal implants
- Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
If you have birth control pills filled at UHS, request a refill online through MyUHS. You will be able to pick up your refill during regular business hours at the front desk. Allow 24 hours from the time of your request for your refill to be ready. Refill requests received on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will not be available for pick-up until the following Monday.
If you pick up your birth control pills from a pharmacy (CVS, U-Store, Walgreens, RiteAid, etc.), contact the pharmacy directly to refill your prescription.
Emergency contraception (the morning after pill) is available by appointment during regular hours and through the Infirmary after business hours.
10 external/male condoms per day are available to you free of charge. You don’t need to schedule an appointment; just stop by the Front Desk of McCosh Health Center during business hours. There is an additional charge for each additional 10 requested.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) testing
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- Other STI testing available as indicated
- Pregnancy testing
- Options counseling and referrals
- Preconception counseling
- Referrals for prenatal care
A close up examination of the cervix to help identify the cause of an abnormal pap smear or other issues.
Counseling and prescriptions for Truvada for the prevention of HIV.
- Information and referrals for transition-related care
- Accurate information on recommended sexual health screenings and testing
- Erectile dysfunction
- Gynecological issues including irregular bleeding and vaginal discharge
- Genital pain
- Other concerns
Make an appointment online or call 609-258-3141.