Counseling and Psychological Services
Announcement: All CPS visits will be conducted remotely via telehealth session.
Our services support the psychological well-being of the Princeton University community and are available at no cost to currently enrolled Princeton students and their eligible dependents.
If you are not sure whether counseling can help, make an appointment for an initial consultation to talk about it. There’s no obligation to continue after the first appointment. Learn more about CPS offerings (via this video) and about confidentiality at CPS.
Our offerings include:
- Counseling: initial consultations, individual counseling, couples counseling, and group counseling and support
- Urgent Consultations: care in urgent situations, for you or someone else
- COVID-Specific Support: support guide and resources during COVID-19
- Psychiatric Consultation: for those considering or continuing psychiatric medication
- Mind-Body Programs: meditation, relaxation, mindfulness and more
- Campus Outreach & Training: campus-wide training, skills-based consultations, workshops and outreach events
- Specialized Treatment: for interdisciplinary treatment needs that may involve physical and psychological concerns
- Referrals to local mental health providers: information about how to follow-up with referrals and Thriving Campus to find a community provider
While we do not offer treatment services for faculty or staff, many of our outreach programs are available to anyone in our campus community. We are also available to consult with faculty, staff, parents or others, regarding concerns about Princeton students.
Call 609-258-3141 to make an appointment for an initial 20-minute consultation. You can also schedule your initial consultation appointment online.
During regular business hours, call the McCosh Health Center if you need help with an urgent mental health matter, and you will be scheduled for a same-day urgent care appointment. You may also call CPS to consult with a counselor when you have an urgent mental health concern that involves someone else on campus. After hours, just call our main number 609-258-3141 to be connected to a counselor on call.
If safety is of immediate concern, call the Department of Public Safety at 911.