Psychiatric Consultation

We offer short-term psychiatric services, including psychiatric evaluations and brief treatment, to students who have been evaluated by one of our counselors.


If you and your counselor decide that you may benefit from medication, you will be referred for an evaluation with one of our psychiatrists or psychiatric nurse practitioners. If you require more ongoing psychiatric care, we will refer you to a local, off-campus provider. 


If you are receiving treatment from a CPS psychiatric provider, we request that you continue meeting with one of our counselors for therapy and support.

Stimulant medications

We do not prescribe stimulant medications (to treat ADHD). If you require stimulant medications, we will refer you to a local specialist for psychiatric care.