Peer Health Advisers (PHAs) are an on-campus group of students, who are supervised by HPPS staff and:
- serve as contacts for students seeking support,
- provide referrals to UHS and other wellness-related campus resources,
- stimulate awareness of and decrease stigma around health issues by implementing health promotion programs,
- work to reduce disparities in health and wellness outcomes, and
- help students to navigate UHS' services.
PHAs are knowledgeable about a wide variety of health issues, including:
- mental health
- physical fitness
- sexual and reproductive health
Peer education programs are a meaningful way to participate in enhancing the health and well-being of your community. PHAs facilitate health-related programming on campus, including the Safer Sexpo, Ask the Sexpert column and mental health screenings.