Announcement about UHS Services - Effective March 11
There are important changes to the operations of University Health Services beginning Wednesday, March 11. These changes allow UHS to focus its resources on preparations for and response to COVID-19.
- Medical Services: routine appointments (i.e., primary care follow ups, routine physical exams, annual GYN exams, asymptomatic STD testing, etc.) at University Health Services are suspended effective immediately and until further notice.
- Occupational Health Services: routine appointments at University Health Services are suspended effective immediately and until further notice.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS): is moving all clinical sessions to a remote, telehealth session, beginning March 16. Students may contact their CPS provider for this option in the meantime.
- All other UHS services will continue operating, with a shift to remote care delivery in some cases where possible. This includes:
BASICS (Health Promotion & Prevention Services): will be shifting to virtual appointments with telehealth sessions.
SHARE: is shifting to virtual appointments with telehealth sessions and telephone consultations, beginning March 16. Active SHARE clients can contact their SHARE clinician directly to schedule an appointment. All prevention and awareness programming is being converted to a virtual format or rescheduled. Please email email@example.com with any questions about scheduling appointments or prevention programs.
Student Health Plan (SHP) office
Physical Therapy at Dillon Gym - Dillon Physical Therapy is closed and not accepting new patients at this time. Current patients will be discharged and given home exercise programs. For urgent physical therapy needs, please seek a local provider in your area. If questions arise, please contact DillonPT@princeton.edu to speak to a physical therapist.
Students whose appointments are being changed or cancelled will be contacted.
McCosh Health Center remains open for urgent, acute care needs for students, including students seeking care for COVID-19.
Students: UHS remains available to assist you with your health care needs
While UHS is not currently offering routine healthcare appointments with the goal of focusing efforts on prevention and response of COVID-19, we want to ensure you have a method to ask your questions and consult with a provider. Students may consult with UHS by emailing AskHealth@princeton.edu during regular working hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and expect a response within 48 hours, for your concerns, such as:
- Managing (non-COVID-19-related) symptoms
- Managing referrals (note: the referral requirement has been lifted for students enrolled in the SHP)
- Managing prescriptions/medications
- Receiving routine medical advice
This service is available to all Princeton students, both remote and on campus.