New virtual dental care offering and vision care support during COVID-19
For undergraduate and graduate students, and their dependents, who are enrolled in the Dental and/or Vision plans offered by the University, there are additional options for care during COVID-19:
Cigna Dental understands you may still need to access care for urgent needs (such as an infection, pain, swelling, bleeding, etc.) or guidance on how to address a dental problem and is offering virtual dental care via Cigna Dental Virtual Care, powered by The TeleDentists®.
With this service, you can speak with a licensed dentist by video chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week without leaving your home. Cigna Dental Virtual Care consults are processed as in-network claims on your plan, and have no co-pay or coinsurance costs. Although Cigna Dental Virtual Care consults do not apply to frequency limits you may have on your plan, they do apply to your plan's annual maximum, if applicable.
Dentists can prescribe medications such as antibiotics and non-narcotic pain relievers through TeleDentists. The dentist will send any required prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice (there may be pharmacy costs associated with filling the prescription, depending on your prescription plan).
How to access Cigna Dental Virtual Care
- Log on to your myCigna.com account
- Follow the prompts to the virtual care portal
- Create an account on "The TeleDentists" website
- Enter basic health information on the TeleDentists website
- Download and install a video chat application (you will be prompted to do this), and then confirm whether you want to see a dentist now, or schedule an appointment for a later date.
- When you are ready to consult with a dentist, you will be sent to a virtual waiting room where a dentist will connect with you in ten minutes or less.
If you have questions, log on to myCigna.com to chat with a representative or call 1-800-Cigna24. You can also call the number on the back of your ID card.
VSP members can access essential medical eye care (whether in-person or remotely), including but not limited to:
- Sudden vision changes or vision loss
- Eye trauma
- Pink eye
- Foreign body removal
- Other symptoms that interfere with or significantly hamper day-to-day activities
If you’re unable to reach your VSP network doctor to make an appointment, call VSP Customer Care at 800-877-7195 and VSP help you find an eye doctor who is open and ready to assist you.
At your appointment, tell them you have VSP. There is no ID card necessary, and no claim forms for you to complete. A standard $20 copay may apply for some essential medical eye care.