If you are fully vaccinated, and are determined to be a close contact1 of someone who tests positive, you do not need to quarantine. However, you are asked to follow these guidelines for the 10 days following your last exposure to the positive case:
- Notify email@example.com that one of your household contacts has tested positive.
- Pay close attention to how you’re feeling every day. If you don’t feel well, stay away from others and consult UHS by calling us at 609 258 3141.
- Where possible, keep some physical distance between yourself and others, including in classrooms and vehicles. Open windows when you can.
- Wear a face covering consistently both inside and outside, except when sleeping or eating.
- You can remove your face covering in a shared bathroom when showering, brushing teeth, etc., but put it back on right after.
- You can visit an on-campus dining hall to eat, but should wear a face covering when not eating.
- Complete the Daily Symptom Check either through the TigerSafe app or through this URL before you leave your residence every day during this monitoring period. If the results of your Daily Symptom Check say that you should stay home, stay in your room, and notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an additional saliva sample to the asymptomatic testing program in this upcoming week, so that you’re testing twice, not just once. You can follow the schedule for those that test twice weekly.
If you are not fully vaccinated, and are determined to be a close contact1 of someone who tests positive, you will need to quarantine for at least 10 days. Click through to the quarantine fact sheet for students to see what is and is not allowed during your quarantine period.
- Notify email@example.com that a close contact of yours has tested positive. If you are concerned about how you are feeling, reach out to UHS at 609 258 3141. Call ahead – do not just show up.
- If your household contact does not go to UHS for medical care (for example, they are a roommate that does not attend Princeton, or a family member who is not associated with the University), notify firstname.lastname@example.org that your household contact tested positive and that you are under self-quarantine. There is no need to notify others.
- Continue to take part in the asymptomatic testing program by submitting twice weekly tests.