Updated February 24, 2022
This page contains information about COVID-19 testing availability and requirements. See more about:
- Eligibility for testing
- New Jersey community-based testing sites
- Pennsylvania community-based testing sites
- At home/self-tests
Symptomatic testing is appropriate for those with symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever of 99.6F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell). Symptoms can range from mild to severe.
- University Employees: assess your symptoms via online assessment.
- VitalCheck—Doctors in Your Office: offered through Human Resources is available to all faculty, staff and their eligible dependents to speak with a doctor, be screened and, if appropriate, have help facilitating testing for COVID-19.
- Free COVID-19 tests are available to residents of New Jersey via Vault.
- Students (on campus): if you have symptoms or want to request a test for other reasons, call University Health Services at 609-258-3141 to be assessed.
Community-Based Testing Sites
For a list of community-based testing sites, visit New Jersey's COVID information website. Testing sites have various operating hours and requirements. Most require an appointment in advance. Some require proof of residency in New Jersey or a specific county or municipality. We recommend verifying hours and requirements with a test site before visiting.
The Mercer County, NJ website lists testing sites in Mercer County. Visit the location’s website or call for information on how to get tested.
For a list of community-based testing sites, visit Pennsylvania's Department of Health website. Testing sites have various operating hours and requirements. Most require an appointment in advance. We recommend calling ahead or checking the testing site’s website before going to one of the testing sites to confirm its current availability and site-specific requirements.
You may also call:1-877-PAHEALTH (72492584) to be connected with your local health department.
Self-tests, also known as home tests or over-the-counter tests can be used whether or not you have symptoms. They can be purchased from online vendors or local pharmacy retailers. Follow instructions according to manufacturer.
Report any positive test results to the Global and Community Health Team by emailing email@example.com.